Sunday 29 March 2009

Trip to Nottingham City

It's 10.55pm (sat) UK, 6.55am spore

Last week & just now, we went to Nottingham, UK. I can tell u. We really had fun !!!

Last week (21st March)
We went to Leicester but then we last min make plans to go to Nottingham from leicester. Went there by train. When we reached there, it was so big that we had to explore much by walking around.


Then, we came across a very big ferris Wheel. it's call Wheel of Notingham. We ride on it & there were spectacular views of the city, which I find it very worthwhile. We can see many castles & churches. it was clear on that day. After that, went to fastfood shop for lunch.

After that, went around the city centre & shopping mall. The atmosphere is better than Leicester in terms of the crowd & the number of shops. We came across this particular sports shop. It offers 30% discount !!! Khair bought jerseys for his family while i just walking around, looking for ideas on what to buy since I cant make decisions at the beginning.

Just now (28th March)
Went to Nottingham again... this time, we are visiting the attractions. First one, Nottingham castle. Before we get in. Saw a group of performers walking twrds the castle. They were dressed in colourful costumes. no idea what is the event about but they perform near the Robin Hood Statue (since Nottingham is well known as Home of Robin Hood). They were dancing & make some moves that made me entertain. I got record the video of it, which i dun think i can upload in the net due to size. After that, went in to the castle & explore the scnery plus museum. The Muesum displays things that are related to the castle as well as History of Nottingham.

After that, went to NCCL Galleries of Justice. This attraction was voted as best attractions in 2003. We went for the 2pm tour. The tour guide bring us around the former court building. We get to experience how is it like to be in court, till ended up in jail & prosecution. It was damn fun I tell u... I enjoyed myself today. =D

Then, went to buy some Nottingham castle souvenirs as well as souvenirs of Nottingham from visitor ctr.

Lastly, went to the sprts shop again. I have already made up my mind. I bought Umbro Trackpants, Basketball Jersey & shorts as well as Sleeveless running top & shorts. These 4 each cost 13.99 pounds... Isnt that cheap ? I wish I can buy somemore but no time... maybe next wanna buy sports shoes & T-shirts.


Next weekend, maybe we are going to either Derby or Birmingham. Btw later from 2am UK time, UK have to adjust their time 1 hour ahead. They will be following BST (British Summer Time) instead of GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) due to movement of sun. That means the time difference between Spore & Uk is 7 hours instead of 8 hours

Yup, thats all for the long update... Cheers =D. Photos will be updated soon at my multiply

Btw, thanks to Khair for belanja me fastfood dinner at hostel for my birthday =D

No comments: